Derek Carter, CSCS
Coach & Founder of Perform Younger®
Derek is a 50-year young Kinesiologist and owner of Perform Younger who has a passion for helping adults overcome age-related health challenges, such as fat gain, loss of muscle and mobility, pain, injury, and chronic disease. During his almost 30-year career as a fitness professional, Derek accomplished significant milestones. He earned a bachelor's degree in Kinesiology and acquired multiple personal training certifications. Additionally, he devoted seven years to collaborating with a physical therapist, equipping himself to address the diverse challenges of assisting individuals in reclaiming their youth, enhancing their appearance, improving their health, and optimizing their performance.
What makes 1-on-1 coaching (in-person and virtual training) with Derek Carter different?
- Experience: I have over 27 years of experience. I'm 50 years young so I understand the age-related challenges my clients have and more importantly, know how to resolve them.
- Education: I have a degree in Kinesiology and have several personal training certifications including CSCS (the most respected certification in the industry).
- Exercise Coaching: You'll be performing exercises that are appropriate for your fitness level and goals.
- Nutrition Coaching: I'll provide advise based on your current eating habits and preferences. I don't do "1-size-fits-all" regimens.
What makes the Perform Younger App different than other fitness apps?
- Exercise & Nutrition: workouts, meal plans, recipes and other helpful resources are specifically designed to age-proof your body by reducing inflammation, and body fat and increasing mobility, and muscle mass.
- Convenience: You can workout anytime, anywhere, without having to travel to a gym or meet with a personal trainer.
- Swap Exercises: Don’t have access to particular piece of equipment? Can’t do an exercise that day due to sudden knee pain? No problem…each exercise has alternative exercises so you swap out whichever exercise you want and never have to skip an exercise due to limitations.
- Content: All exercises and workouts have been designed by me..a Kinesiologist and CSCS (the gold standard of the fitness industry). I've spent the last 27 years equipping myself to address the diverse challenges of assisting individuals in reclaiming their youth, enhancing their appearance, improving their health, and optimizing their performance. Also, all recipes have been carefully created by a dietitian.
- Flexibility: You can pause, skip or repeat workouts as needed, and progress at your own pace. No more missed workouts: You don't have to worry about missing a workout session due to a busy schedule, illness, or other commitments.
I need more hands on help and accountability than just a fitness app. Do you offer any?
Over the years, I've seen many people struggle without having an accountability coach. And this is why I created a strong and effective system that helps people create the discipline needed to succeed.
We offer the following:
1. Coaching Calls- Get answers to your fitness questions, motivation, tips and strategies on exercise technique, consistency and more. Calls will take place via zoom.
2. Fitness Evaluations- a guided video call that will allow me to see your strengths, fitness level and possible limitations. Once complete, I'll design a custom workout regimen based on the results.
3. Text Support- If you got any questions, I'm just a message away.
4. Exercise Technique Coaching- uncertain you're performing an exercise(s) with correct form? No problem. Use the in-app camera to record yourself and send it to me and I'll guide you.
After downloading the app, how will I access my plan?
Immediately after a purchase is made, all programs, workouts, meal plans, recipes and educational resources will be accessible on the Perform Younger App.
What if I have a question or need support?
I'm always available for questions. Simply message me within the "chat" tab of the Perform Younger App and I'll get back to ASAP.
Can I track my progress within the app?
Sure can! Tracking body metrics, before and after pics, macros and strength is a must to get better each week.
What equipment is needed for workouts?
We have a variety of workouts that include body weight, dumbbells, kettlebells and anything else you can think of.
What if I'm unable to do an exercise or use a specific machine?
No problem! Each of the nearly 1,000 exercises on the Perform Younger app can be swapped for a different exercise. So, no more skipping an exercise because a machine is being used or you don't have access to a piece of equipment.
How will I know for sure if I'm doing an exercise correctly/safely?
You can always record yourself and send it to me (all within the app) and I'll be happy to provide feedback. Also, each exercise has a video demonstration, spoken and written instruction, and different progressions you can access at the tap of a button.
Do you offer a free session?
Yes I do! Both in-person and virtually. During this 45-minute session, you'll be guided through some movements that will allow me to better understand your fitness level, strengths and possible limitations.
How can you help me be more accountable?
Our 3-Level Accountability System includes, text support, coaching calls and check-ins.
What dietary changes will you recommend?
My recommendations will depend on your current eating habits. Once I know what you eat on the average day, I'll be able to make some suggestions.